Prayer Diary for April 2022
SCBA Prayer Diary
1st May - Please pray for Botley Baptist Church in Oxford, Henley Baptist Church in Oxfordshire, and The Gate in Reading, Berkshire.
- Please pray for Boyn Hill Baptist Church in Maidenhead, Berkshire, Hill Park Baptist Church in Fareham, Hampshire, and The Ladygrove Church in Didcot, Oxfordshire.
- Please pray for Brackley Baptist Church in Northamptonshire, Hook Norton Baptist Church in Oxfordshire, and The Meeting Place in Westbourne, West Sussex.
- Please pray for Britwell Baptist Church in Slough, Berkshire, Horndean Baptist Church in Hampshire, and The Peoples Church in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
- Please pray for Brockhurst Baptist Church in Gosport, Hampshire, Thornhill Baptist Church in Southampton, Hampshire, and Buckland Road Baptist Church in Poole, Dorset.
Baptist Union Prayer Diary
- Please pray for the East Midlands Baptist Association. Their vision is to serve East Midlands Baptists in Mission, through growing healthy churches and they do this by inspiring, pioneering, equipping, partnering and caring. (East Midlands Baptist Association
- Hayley Young will be inducted as President of the Baptist Union at the Baptist Assembly next week. Please pray for Hayley as she encourages us to 'Build a Bigger Table'. (BU President
- The Baptist Assembly is taking place this weekend, in Bournemouth and online. Pray that this will be a time for real connection and conversation about what God is saying to us as a Baptist movement. (Baptist Assembly
- This week has been Christian Aid Week. Please give thanks for the work of aid and development agencies such as Christian Aid, who encourage us to put Jesus' command to love our neighbour into action, and put a human face on global issues. (Christian Aid Week
- This year's Thy Kingdom Come is aiming to 'light up the world with prayer'. Please do join this global prayer movement praying for more people to come to know Jesus. (Thy Kingdom Come
BMS World Mission Prayer Diary
1st - 7th May
- Ukraine -Our hearts break over the situation in Ukraine that has unfolded since the end of February. We trust that the Lord has this tragedy in His hands, and pray that however impossible it might seem, His peace will be known across the nations of Ukraine and Russia.
8th - 14th May
- People on the move - BMS World Mission has a deep desire to see refugee communities be welcomed and supported in every facet of their lives. BMS work supporting people on the move and aims to provide relief, education and discipleship to people in need across the world.
15th - 21st May
- Afghanistan - Almost a year after the Taliban takeover, Afghanistan has experienced a tumultuous time. The sudden change in government came with an exodus of foreign organisations that brought much-needed humanitarian assistance. As a result, Afghanistan is now facing many severe threats to the survival of its people.
22nd - 28th May
- Church Planters - During the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdowns, you would think that the preaching of the gospel and church planting projects would stop. On the contrary, through God's power and wisdom - and your support - BMS World Mission-supported church planters are starting churches and making disciples around the world.
29th May - 4th June
- Guinea - Last year BMS World Mission requested prayer for growth for their Guinea team, collaborating with their partner SAM Global in a variety of ministries. BMS praise God that the Guinea team will now be increasing by two and they're thankful for the success in their other ministries in Guinea, despite the threat of Covid-19.
You can access the full BMS World Mission Prayer Diary here